Tips From A Field in the Advertising World from Allen Bialik
“What have I learned?”
- Education has NOTHING to do with performance
- In school you’re taught a lesson, then given a test. In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson.
- Problem solve quickly and creatively: adapt to change
- Leadership, attitude, commitment, discipline
- Responsibility and accountability for job performance
- Leadership is an essential part of life
- Discipline is doing what needs to be done. Even when you don’t want to do it.
- Life is dull to dull people
#1 Trait you need to be successful: COMMUNICATION
#2: PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS
#3: UNDERSTAND THE ORGANIZATION